Grading Policy

Grading Policy

Physical Education is a 1/2 credit course full year course. You must have 2 credits (4 passing years over the course of 9th through 12th grade) in order to graduate. The four quarters are worth 25% each. Participation Students will receive 4 points for each day they attend and fully participate in class. Students can lose points for lack of participation or poor behavior. These points make up 80% of their final grade. The other 20% comes from written quizzes, skill assessments, and/or rubrics.

Preparation: Students must change into appropriate clothing: shorts, “T” shirts, and/or sweat pants. Classes will be held outside until mid November so students should dress accordingly.

• No hats or jewelry are allowed in physical education classes.

• Sneakers must be worn. No boots, rubber soled shoes, flip flops, backless, or platform sneakers.

• Students must be on time. They are given 5 minutes before class to change and report for attendance.

• No valuables should be left in the locker room, all possessions should be locked in lockers.

Absences/Lateness: Excused absences on file at the attendance office, or an excused lateness, can be made up. The student has one week from the return to school to make up the class.

• No illegal absences (cutting) can be made up.

• A student arriving late, unexcused, will lose 1 point for each occurrence. If a student is more than 5 minutes late they will lose all 4 points for the day.

• Taking a test in another class during physical education is not an excused absence.

Medically Excused Students: If students have medical conditions that prohibit their participation they will be given written assignments for class credit. A physician’s note is needed to be excused from participation.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.